As has been rumored for months, Apple is preparing a new version of its hot-selling iPhone for Verizon, breaking AT&T’s monopoly over iPhone.
The Wall Street Journal this morning reported that Verizon Wireless will begin selling the iPhone early next year.
It is expected that Apple will have sold 40 million iPhones this year.
Disclosure: My wife and I own stock in Apple as well as several companies that manufacture electronics for the iPhone and iPad.
- Verizon Customers May Get iPhones Soon
- Verizon iPhone Review: WSJ’s Mossberg Says Go For It
- Apple Observers Projecting Millions Of Sales Of New iPhone Without A Clue About The Sept. 12 Announcement
- Federal Suit Against AT&T and Apple Given Class Action Status To Millions Locked Into 2-year Contracts
- Apple iPhone5 Production Stops As Fight Breaks Out In Chinese Parts Plant
- iPhone 4 For Free If You Have iPhone 3GS To Sell Or Trade