There’s a lot of advice floating around out there about how to manage your credit cards and other debts to maximize your credit score.
The trouble is, not all this wisdom is created equal, and some tips intended to help your credit can actually have the opposite effect.
Here are seven supposedly “smart” tips we’ve heard bandied about recently that generally ought to ignored.
Story by Martha White for Time.
- Hackers Now Aiming for Your Credit Report
- Holiday Shopping Is Prime Time For Crooks To Steal Your Information
- Why More Americans Will Fall Behind on Their Credit Card Bills This Year
- One In Three Consumer Has Errors On Credit Reports: Corrections Take Months
- Chase Now Has Credit Cards With Chip Technology For Travelers
- Firms Promising Help With IRS Debts Are Mostly Frauds