There’s a lot of advice floating around out there about how to manage your credit cards and other debts to maximize your credit score.
The trouble is, not all this wisdom is created equal, and some tips intended to help your credit can actually have the opposite effect.
Here are seven supposedly “smart” tips we’ve heard bandied about recently that generally ought to ignored.
Story by Martha White for Time.
- Hackers Now Aiming for Your Credit Report
- Holiday Shopping Is Prime Time For Crooks To Steal Your Information
- Whether PIN or Signature, Smart Cards are Coming
- Chase Now Has Credit Cards With Chip Technology For Travelers
- One In Three Consumer Has Errors On Credit Reports: Corrections Take Months
- Why More Americans Will Fall Behind on Their Credit Card Bills This Year