If you have yet to file your 2010 tax return you might be missing out of some money.
It is estimated that the IRS has about $760 million in unclaimed tax refunds that taxpayers will lose unless they filed their tax returns by April 15.
The leftover money will go into the government’s general fund.
The money, according to the IRS, belongs to almost one million taxpayers who have yet to file their tax returns.
For those who have not filed their returns because they owe money to the IRS, keep in mind that the IRS may find out and that might not be pleasant.
Disclosure: I am a tax preparer for H&R Block in the Sumner Ave. Springfield office as well as in Enfield in the Stop & Shop Plaza.
- Tax Deadline Less Than a Month Away; IRS Free File Offers Free Tax Services
- Last Minute Tips For Connecticut Taxpayers From The IRS
- IRS Tax Tips To Start Your 2009 Return
- Free eFile Tax Returns For Those Making $58,000 or Less
- IRS Commissioner Can’t Prepare His Own Return
- Can’t Pay Your Taxes Today? At Least File For An Automatic Extension