Hundreds of shoppers rushed to the Holyoke Mall Sunday morning even before the majority of the stores were open at 11 a.m to take advantage of the tax holiday this back to school shopping weekend in Massachusetts.
There was so much interest in purchasing Apple products that those who were buying and needed some help were kept behind a line outside the store and were only let in when an Apple employee was free to help them with their questions about computers and other iProducts.
People were leaving with expensive iMacs even though it is expected that a huge upgraded iMac will be out in a month or two.
Other stores like Target, which also opened prior to the normal 11 a.m. Sunday start of shopping, had few customers. There were more people at Apple that Starbucks and Target combined. Of course, by this afternoon I would expect both Target and Starbucks to be packed.
I was interested because I own Apple stock and options and after seeing what I saw today, I am buying more options tomorrow. (that is for disclosure purposes not that I am recommending you do that. Check with you financial adviser).
- Starbucks Allows Customers To Pack In States Where Guns Are Just Fine
- Apple Computers Can Be Found On Sale: Hint, Not At The Apple Stores
- TARGET Stores: What TO Buy, What NOT To Buy At Target
- Costco Rated Best By Consumer Reports Readers, Walmart And Kmart Got Low Marks
- iPad 3G Sold Out, Apple Some Stores Say None Expected For Days
- iPhone 4 WITH Bumper Works Great, But Some Stores Sold Out