With the start of the Atlantic Tropical Storm season, the Connecticut Insurance Department is reminding consumers to review their home insurance and understand their coverage before a damaging storm hits. The Department’s “Be Prepared” page offers numerous resources that address the risks of the season.
Preparation to safeguard property includes:
• Make an inventory of belongings
• Keep your policy and insurance contact information in a safe place
• Review your policy with your agent or company to determine what is covered – Coverage FAQs
• Understand the claims process – Tips for Making a Storm Claim
• Determine whether you are at risk for floods and would need special flood insurance – most homeowners policies do NOT cover flooding
To help with all your insurance questions, consumers can contact the Connecticut Insurance Department by phone at 800-203-3447 or 860-297-3900 or visit the Departments “Be Prepared” page that offers numerous resources including coverage FAQs, tips for filing claims, links to the National Flood Insurance Program and other helpful sites.
- Ct Insurance Dept Has Updated Web Site To Help With Storm Information
- Check Your Home Insurance Policy To Make Sure It Provides Adequate Coverage
- Tips For Filing Flood Insurance Claims After Irene
- Ct Homeowners Won’t Face Hurricane Deductibles From Sandy’s Damage
- Insurance Companies Claims Phone Numbers For Hurricane Irene Storm Damage Available
- Connecticut Insurance Dept. Hurricane Sandy Resource Site Includes Insurance Company Claims Phone Numbers