JP Morgan Chase has joined GMAC Mortgage in temporarily halting foreclosure proceedings in judicial foreclosure states as their employees have admitted filing false affidavits attesting to having fully reviewed each of the tens of thousands of mortgage files to make sure they had the legal right to take ownership of the homes.
Under pressure from Attorneys General in many states, including Connecticut, evictions have stopped and some if not all foreclosure actions were frozen in states were judicial reviews are required (California is an exception to that rule).
Judging by Citi’s lack of a blanket statement that it did everything properly, its likely that Citi will be following Chase and GMAC.
- Atty Gen Blumenthal Asks Judges For 60 Day Freeze On All Connecticut Foreclosures
- Chase Bank Also Implicated In Foreclosure Document Issues
- GMAC Stops Evictions In Connecticut, Mass, NY and 20 Other States
- Bank of America Freezes Foreclosures In All 50 States
- Wells Fargo Finally Admits It Has Flaws In Its Foreclosures
- Lenders Meeting Resistance From Judges In Trying To Paper Over Faulty Foreclosures