Insurance Department: “Sandy” Resource Page Includes Carriers’ Toll-Free Claims Phone Numbers www.ct.gov/cid<http://www.ct.gov/cid>
Connecticut Insurance Commissioner Thomas Leonardi today announced that the Insurance Department’s “Sandy” resource page on the Department Web site has a listing of toll-free claims phone numbers for dozens of insurance companies for their policyholders to use in the event of a claim. The list will be updated frequently with additional numbers. The “Sandy” resource page will also have a listing of the locations of mobile claims vans when they become available.
The Department offers the following tips for filing a claim:
* Keep your important insurance documents in a safe place
* Contact your insurer as soon as possible
* Take photos of the damage
* DO NOT make permanent repairs until your insurer has inspected the property
* Keep a diary of all contact, conversations with your insurer
* If you can still live in the home, talk with your agent about critical repairs that need to be made. Whether you make the repairs or hire someone, save the receipts for your claim.
* If you need to find other lodging because of damage to your home, keep records of expenses and all receipts. Homeowners and renter’s insurance generally provide limited coverage for expenses like: meals, rent, utility installation and transportation.
- Tips For Filing Flood Insurance Claims After Irene
- Insurance Companies Claims Phone Numbers For Hurricane Irene Storm Damage Available
- Ct Homeowners Won’t Face Hurricane Deductibles From Sandy’s Damage
- Ct Insurance Dept Has Updated Web Site To Help With Storm Information
- Tips For Winter Damage Insurance Claims In Connecticut
- Atlantic Tropical Storm Season Starts, Be Prepared in Connecticut