My name is Walter Kawecki, and I have a complaint concerning T-Mobile. I’m not sure you can help me, but, here goes:
I have been a T-Mobile customer for about 2 1/2 years. When I began my original contract I got the phone at a mall kiosk. I had a 2 year contract and was given a phone. Apparently that was what was referred to as a Flex Pay account. Great.
Now, they have informed me that the Flex Pay accounts are being phased out, and I am eligible for another account. Also, recently, I believe, I had been eligible for a phone upgrade.
Here is the problem –
When I call 611 to convert to the plan I want – the Unlimited Plus Value Plan (http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/value-plans.aspx) for $59.99/ mo, I’m told that it does not come with a Free Phone.
However, when I’m on the T-Mobile website, I can I choose the Free Phone that I want (LG Optimus) and pick the plan that I want (Unlimited Plus Value Plan ). It then asks me if I’d like to keep my number, and I say Yes. I am then told that my number is unauthorized for porting. (Okay, so I need a new phone number to get this plan??)
If I tell this to the 611 supervisor, they gtell me that I am not eligible for a free phone, unless I sign up for an Unlimited Plus Classic Plan(http://www.t-mobile.com/shop/plans/individual-plans.aspx), which is exactly the same as the Unlimited Plus Value Plus, except for the extra $20 and “Free Phone” (which is actually a $480 phone when the extra $20 is taken in to account).
I explain to them that:
1. Have have been a customer in good standing for over 2 years
2. That I have never been late with a payment
3. That this Combination of Unlimited Plus Value Plan and Free LG Optimus Phone is available on the T-Mobile website to me
4. I don’t want to change my phone number.
5. That I don’t want the Unlimited Plus Classic Plan
6. That with the Unlimited Plus Classic Plan, the phone is not Free, I can do math and it comes out to $480 w/ the extra $20/mo.
7. That this is ridiculous.
* I also ask ‘What happened to my Upgrade credit??’
The rep tells me that certain features are only available to new customers. I ask to speak with Executive Customer Relations, and they tell me I NEED TO WRITE THE PHONE COMPANY (Write a phone company?? there’s no one I can CALL at the Phone Company!?)
Please help if you can – I’m beyond frustrated!
Also a question: If I do sign up for the service online, do they have to port my number?
- AT&T Backs Away From Throttling Unlimited Data Plans
- T-Mobile To Pay Feds $48 Million For Failing to Adequately Disclose “Unlimited Data Plan” Restrictions
- AT&T Unlimited Data Plan Users Wasting Money
- Verizon Unlimited Data Plan Must Be Purchased By July 6
- Feds Say AT&T Has Misled Millions of Consumers with ‘Unlimited’ Data Promises
- AT&T Throttling Higher Data Use Smartphone Owners To Pressure Them To Give Up Unlimited Plans