Now that I have joined the ranks of the unemployed I can personally appreciate all the emails and complaints I had received while working at The Courant from those who lost their jobs and could not get through on the Internet to file their complaints.
I will keep everyone abrest about my situation (as well as yours if you want to share) and maybe we can put some pressure on the Governor to do more.
I woke up during the middle of the night and at 3:30 a.m. today attempted to file my first request for compensation after having worked steady for 43 years – three in the US Army and 40 at the Courant.
I was greeted with the followin signs on the site: Connecticut Department of Labor
Unemployment Insurance Claims System – System UnavailableÂ Â –
|Initial Claim Hours of Operation:|
|Â||Monday – Friday||08:00 A.M. – 04:00 P.M.|
|In an effort to improve our online service, routine maintenance will be performed on our claim filing and inquiry applications Sundays and Mondays between 12 p.m. and 12:15 p.m. While these applications will be inaccessible during that time online, they will be available on our TeleBenefits Line.|
- CtWatchdog’s Attorney Responds to Courant/Tribune’s Attempt To Have Wrongful Discharge Suit Dismissed
- Courant finally publishes short story on Sleepy's, but leaves out damaging facts about its key advertiser
- CtWatchdog And Courant Resolve Wrongful Termination Suit
- Mortgage Complaints Can Now Be Filed With The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Ct Unemployment claims: file by phone, forget Internet
- Arrests Made in Massive Global Online Sting Operation Against ID Thieves