More than 25 Connecticut residents have written to me complaining about Energy Plus, a New York company, that is a supplier of electricity in the four state area.
Soon, these residents and others will have an opportunity to take legal action against the firm, as part of a series of suits seeking class action against the firm, headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
D. Greg Blankinship, of the White Plains law firm of Meiselman, Denlea, Packman, Carton & Eberz, has already brought a federal suit against Energy Plus in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Blankinship told me that the accusations his firm is making in New York applies equally in Connecticut, where a similar class action request is being sought.
The New York suit claims that Energy Plus Holdings has “deceptive advertising and billing practices” that “have caused tens of thousands of New York consumers to pay considerable more for their electricity than they should have otherwise paid.”
Energy Plus declined to respond to individual claims, noting the case is in court, other than to say that an earlier complaint against the firm was tossed out for lack of proof.
“As I’m sure you can appreciate, we are unable to comment on any of the details because this is an active litigation. However, I am able to say that we believe the allegations are without merit and a majority of the claims originally alleged by the Plaintiff were dismissed by the Court in initial motions to dismiss. We follow all state guidelines and regulations in NY and in every other state in which we operate,” Paul Frantz, Chief Marketing Officer, wrote me.
- Attorney General Wants Energy Plus Investigated For Deceptive Electric Sales Tactics
- Save Money On Electricity: Use Alternative Suppliers
- Renewable Energy Sources: Ct Atty Gen Says Proof Needed
- How To Choose Alternative Electric Suppliers In Connecticut
- Positive Energy CEO Sued By State To Collect $100,000 Bank Fraud Fine
- Alternative Supplier Hoping For Electric Auction Of 800,000 Customers In Connecticut
Pages: 1 2