A new application from payment platform CardSpring lets users sync their payment card with participating merchants, automatically delivering online
coupons and deals offered by the merchant directly to the synched card.
RetailMeNot users had the option of linking the food truck coupons to their credit card by providing their card number through the site’s mobile app.
CardSpring is the platform that then provides the capability for coupon providers, merchants and credit card networks to communicate so that when a customer uses his card to make a purchase, the card is recognized as one that contains a deal; the savings is immediately deducted from the bill.
by Hadley Malcolm for USA Today.
- LivingSocial To Launch Credit Card
- AMEX Teams Up With Foursquare
- Credit Card Companies Sell Your Personal Shopping Data
- Minimum $10 Credit Credit Card Charge Going Into Effect
- American Express, Visa, MasterCard Sued By State Attys Gen Claiming Improper Practices
- Smart Phones Helping Connecticut Consumers Manage Their Money