Having shopped at Home Depot and Lowe’s stores, I always had the sense that Home Depot was cheaper.
Cheapism is more scientific. It sent a researcher to both the hardware giants and compared prices on 40 items ranging from paint to faucets.
The difference? Hardly any. Lowe’s won by a couple of cents when the 40 items were tallied.
“These big-box bigwigs are highly successful and fiercely competitive, making it impossible to pick a winner based on the cost of merchandise alone. Although prices at Home Depot and Lowe’s sometimes fluctuate, they’re often exactly the same, and the differences we noted typically were slight. In the end, the service and overall experience we got for our money earned Lowe’s the title of value champ.”
- Lowe’s Under Investigation By Conn Atty Gen On Complaints Of Charging Sales Tax Improperly
- Gas Grill Purchase: Best Not Always Most Expensive
- Tricky Exclusions Limit Retailers’ Price-Matchding Policies
- Lowe’s Slow On Correcting Huge Error For Polish Immigrant
- Are Christmas Sales Real?
- Tips To Save You Big Bucks From Vacations To Computers