Barbara Zentarski of Plantsville was looking forward to a tour of Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park for the middle of August in 2012.
But one week before the trip, Silver Mill Tours – the Meriden tour operator – cancelled it saying there was a lack of interest.
The company assured Zentarski that the $739 she had paid would quickly be refunded to her.
But a year and a half later the refund had still not arrived.
“I called them several times, e-mailed them and all I get is the run around. I contacted the Attorney General’s office in June and they didn’t do much except e-mail them and they couldn’t get my money back. I’m the innocent party here and all I want is my $739 refunded back to me,” she wrote CtWatchdog. “When I did have communication with them I was told that the bus company had my money.”
I contacted Donna Calvy, owner of Silver Mill Tours, who said the bus operator kept all the payments and she has been involved in legal dispute with them.
However, Calvy said she has repaid all the other customers and that somehow Zentarski “fell through the cracks.”
She immediately sent a check to Zentarski for the full amount.
- Bank of America Rebates $1,100 To Winsted Customer Under Federal Pressure
- Customer Claims Bob’s Discount Furniture Short-Changed Them On Sleeper Sofa
- Sirius Endangering Customer’s Mortgage By Charges To Expired Credit Card
- Getting CNG To Refund West Hartford Customer Money Due Is Like Pulling Teeth
- Checking Utility Bills Could Catch BIG Errors
- Getting Internet Service From AT&T A Major Hassle For North Stonignton Family