Presidents Day marks the first big holiday weekend of the year for new car shoppers, reports Edmunds.com, the premier resource for car shopping and automotive information. According to Edmunds.com, the third weekend in any given month generally accounts for 9.6 percent of monthly sales; Presidents Day weekend, on the other hand, accounts for about 12.1 percent of all February car sales.
“Automakers and dealers have a lot on the line Presidents Day weekend because February is a short month,” says Edmunds.com Sr. Analyst Jessica Caldwell. “This weekend is also the first good opportunity for car buyers who missed out on 2012’s end-of-year deals.”
If recent history is any indication, car shoppers might want to look toward Nissan to get the best deals. According to Edmunds.com, the Japanese carmaker offered bigger discounts than any other brand in each of the last two Februarys. A quick glimpse of Edmunds.com’s Incentives and Rebates page shows some attractive deals for Nissans, including $1,500 cash or 0% interest for 36 months on a 2013 Nissan Rogue or $3,500 cash on a 2013 Nissan Maxima.
Some of the more enticing deals available from other automakers this weekend include:
- 2013 GMC Sierra – Several bonus offers available, including $3,000 customer cash and $2,000 conquest offer; also 0% financing for up to 60 months.
- 2013 Hyundai Sonata – $1,000 lender bonus offer and $500 customer loyalty offer; also leasing available for $0 down and $245/month
- 2013 Kia Optima Hybrid – $2,000 customer cash offer or 0% financing up to 60 months.
- 2013 Volkswagen Passat – 0% financing for as many as 66 months, or $1,750 lease bonus cash
A full listing of the top car and truck deals in February can be found on Edmunds.com at http://www.edmunds.com/deals-of-month.html.
About Edmunds.com, Inc.
At Edmunds.com, we’re committed to helping people find the car that meets their every need. Almost 18 million visitors use our research, shopping and buying tools every month to make an easy and informed decision on their next new or used car. Whether you’re at the dealership or on the go, we’re always by your side with our five-star Edmunds.com iPhone and iPad apps and our Edmunds.com Android App. Our comprehensive car reviews, shopping tips, photos, videos and feature stories offer a friendly and authentic approach to the automotive world. We’re based in Santa Monica, Calif., but you can connect with us from anywhere by following @Edmunds on Twitter or by becoming a fan of Edmunds.com on Facebook.
- Best New Car Deals This Fourth Of July Weekend From Edmunds.Com
- December Is A Good Time To Buy A Car
- Help In Getting Best Deals From Ct Car Dealers Memorial Weekend
- Good Deals Available As We Head For Winter For SUVs and Trucks, Says Edmunds.com
- Forget Summer Deals, Buy Or Lease Your New Car Now
- Halloween Tricks Or Treats When Buying A New Car