The fine, according, involved its “Luv A Fare Sale” from earlier this year when the airline offered one-way nonstop flights for less than $100.
However, the DOT says Southwest only offered the deals for one or two percent of the seats on some flights.
And, in another promotion, Southwest failed to offer the sale for any seats.
Southwest said part of the problem was a technical glitch.
However, it said that it made the one way “Luv A Fare Sale” available on 786 routes.
- Chances to Redeem Air Miles Getting Slimmer and Slimmer: Southwest Is Best
- Airlines Offering Huge Discounts; $52 on Southwest One Way On 1,600 Routes
- DirectAir Consumer Complaint: Lousy Customer Service
- New Southwest Airlines Loyalty Program Launches
- American and United Offer Big Sales
- Southwest Best Airlines for Redeeming Miles, Delta, Not So Much