If you have an airline credit card, now may be the time to ditch it for something better.
Delta is the latest airline to revamp its program to reward people based on how much they spend for their tickets, rather than how far they fly.
That’s great news if you’re an elite frequent flier whose employer pays for last-minute business-class seats.
You’ll be first in line for rewards even as planes fly more full (reducing available free seats) and programs crank up the number of miles required for flights and upgrades.
But these program changes don’t bode well for leisure travelers, who may find themselves grounded when they try to cash in their miles for flights.
- Southwest Best Airlines for Redeeming Miles, Delta, Not So Much
- Chances to Redeem Air Miles Getting Slimmer and Slimmer: Southwest Is Best
- Consumer Tips on Saving Money Using Airline Miles Credit Cards
- Airline Miles Becoming Harder to Use
- Capital One Venture Card Now Matches up to 100,000 Miles
- Tips On Getting The Most Out Of Your Airline Credit Cards