The Social Security Administration has moved into the digital age finally by making your information available to you on the Internet.
You can create an account by going to this site and filling out your personal information.
Once you have done that you can get your benefits verification letter, which documents your monthly benefit. You can also change your address how you want your checks delivered.
“The availability of the letters and the other options represent the first ‘significant expansion’ of the agency’s online service, known as mySocialSecurity, since it debuted in the spring, said Michael Astrue, commissioner of Social Security, according to the New York Times.
By the way, when filling out the application for the account, every question must be answered precisely correct or you are blocked for 24 hours for trying to sign up again, which is what happened to me today.
- Social Security Disability Insurance: The Waiting Game
- Mortgage Complaints Can Now Be Filed With The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- A Social Security Calculator That Is Easy To use
- States Probing Massive Data Breach of Social Security Numbers
- For Social Security issues: call your congressman
- FBI Investigating AT&T Security Breach Of iPad 3G Email Addresses