The Social Security Administration has moved into the digital age finally by making your information available to you on the Internet.
You can create an account by going to this site and filling out your personal information.
Once you have done that you can get your benefits verification letter, which documents your monthly benefit. You can also change your address how you want your checks delivered.
“The availability of the letters and the other options represent the first ‘significant expansion’ of the agency’s online service, known as mySocialSecurity, since it debuted in the spring, said Michael Astrue, commissioner of Social Security, according to the New York Times.
By the way, when filling out the application for the account, every question must be answered precisely correct or you are blocked for 24 hours for trying to sign up again, which is what happened to me today.
- Social Security Disability Insurance: The Waiting Game
- Social Security Loophole, Still Open For A Great Deal
- Social Security Loophole Narrowed, Take Advantage Before It Closes
- For Social Security issues: call your congressman
- Reducing Income In Later Years Won’t Reduce Your Social Security Benefits
- A Social Security Calculator That Is Easy To use