Access Health CT is the only entity in the state receiving federal tax benefits for individuals and small employers and where eligible consumers can receive federal subsidies to help purchase insurance. The Insurance Department will aggressively enforce the state’s Unfair Insurance Practices laws against licensed entities seeking to mislead or confuse the public with products, designs or logos intended to look like Access Health CT. Read the Commissioner’s recent Bulletin IC-35: The Affordable Care Act and the Connecticut Health Insurance Exchange
The Department also urges consumers to be aware of unlicensed businesses promoting on television or other media platforms what is purported to be health insurance connected to either federal health care reform and/or the state-sponsored exchange. If consumers have any questions about the legitimacy of a health plan or suspect false advertising, contact the Department either online or by phone: 800-203-3447.
Always verify before you buy!
- CT Health Exchange Premiums Among The Nation’s Highest
- Connecticut Gearing Up For Obamacare
- Young Adults Can Stay on Parents’ Insurance Until Age 26
- Tens Of Thousands Of Ct Residents Would Lose Insurance Without Health Care Bill
- Ct Comptroller, Healthcare Advocate Urge Defense Of Federal Health Care
- Health Insurance Scams To Avoid