With the opening of the New England Veterinary Center and Cancer Care in Windsor, Connecticut now has two centers specializing in radiation cancer treatment for your dogs and cats.
The other is the Veterinary Cancer Center in Norwalk.
“After 26 years of practicing veterinary medicine and surgery servicing the pet families of northern Connecticut it became obvious to me that the availability of advanced speciality veterinary care was needed locally. Previously the only option that concerned pet owners had for specialized veterinary medical options was to travel to greater New York or Boston area,” says Dr. Mohan Sachdev, New England Veterinary Center & Cancer Care President.
The million dollar Windsor facility also offers treatment for other issues:
“The specialty of internal medicine focuses on the diagnosis of and treatment of non- surgical conditions. Examples of common conditions that NEVCCC internists deal with on a daily basis include cancer, autoimmune disorders, Cushing’s and other endocrine diseases, anemia/blood disorders, chronic diarrhea and vomiting, urinary tract and kidney diseases, chronic coughing and other pulmonary conditions, and liver/gallbladder disease.”
- Risk Of Death In Connecticut Linked To Where You Live
- Yale: Opioid Addicts Benefit From ER Drug Treatment, Intervention
- Years After Weight Loss Surgery, Patients Seek Treatment For Eating Disorders
- Working Long Hours Is Bad For Women’s Health
- Some Answers On Why Our Health Costs Is Double That Of Every Country And Our Outcomes Are Worse
- Early Cancer Detection Is Not Always Better For The Patient