Electronic Cigarette Explodes Injuring Florida Smoker

February 17, 2012
By

So much for electronic cigarettes being safer than natural ones.

A Niceville, Fl., man trying to quit smoking was injured this week in a rare accident when his electronic cigarette exploded in this mouth.

“The best analogy is like it was trying to hold a bottle rocket in your mouth when it went off,” said Joseph Parker, division chief for the North Bay Fire Department. “The battery flew out of the tube and set the closet on fire.”

“Officials have not publicly identified him, citing fire department policy. But a Facebook page under the name of 57-year-old Tom Holloway was filled with well-wishers commenting on the injury and database searches matched his address on the fire report with his name,” AP reported. “Holloway was in his office at home when the device exploded, leaving behind burned chair cushions, pictures, carpet and office equipment. A scorched battery case found on a piece of melted carpet appears to be one for a cigar-sized device, the report said.”

 

 

Similar Posts:

Share

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *





c-hit logo