The Department of Consumer Protection is advising consumers that about 5,040 Huffy brand tricycles sold at Toys R Us this year are being recalled because the handlebar can unexpectedly loosen while in use, causing the rider to lose control. This poses crash and fall hazards for the rider.
The recalled product is the 2012 Huffy 20-Inch Slider Tricycle. The trike has a white frame with a black seat and black handlebars. “Huffy” is printed on the front of the frame; “Slider” is printed on the frame’s side. Model number 98682 is printed on the frame under the seat.
The trikes were sold exclusively sold at Toys R Us nationwide from January 2013 through February 2013 for about $100.
Consumers should immediately stop using the tricycle and contact Huffy for instructions on how to obtain a refund. Call Huffy toll-free at (888) 366-3828 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.huffybikes.com and click on “Product Recall” on the bottom of the page.
- Bridgeway Bicycles Sold at Wal-Mart are Recalled Due to Fall Hazard
- X-Rider Riding Toy Recalled As a Safety Hazard
- “Big Rex and Friends” Books Recalled For Lead
- Suntech Baby Walkers Recalled Due to Fall Hazard
- Rayovac NI-CD Cordless Tool Battery Packs Recalled As They Can Explode
- 97,000 Eddie Bauer Rocking Wood Bassinets Recalled For Suffocation Hazard