The CEO of cheapo Ryanair is now claiming that seatbelts on planes are useless and he should be able to sell standing room spots on his flights.
Such a move could result in flights that cost those standing only a couple of bucks in Europe.
Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary ” insists that it would be totally safe because he’s not saying the planes are going to go through areas of massive turbulence, so no one will get tossed around,” writes the Consumerist.
A few gems from a man known as, ah, quite frugal: “If there ever was a crash on an aircraft, God forbid, a seatbelt won’t save you.” “Seatbelts don’t matter.” ”You don’t need a seatbelt on the London Underground. You don’t need a seatbelt on trains which are traveling at 120mph and if they crash you’re all dead…”
- Ryanair To Charge For Toilet Trips: And Rightly So
- New Southwest Airlines Loyalty Program Launches
- Starbucks Allows Customers To Pack In States Where Guns Are Just Fine
- Lists of Travel Lists; Top Museums, Hotels
- BP Beats Bank Of America As Worst Company In The U.S.
- Windsor Locks New England Air Museum A Great Day Trip For Kids And Adults