Weight Watchers received the highest rating of commercial diet plans based on a survey of more than 9,000 readers of Consumer Reports.
It received a rating of 74 out of 100 based on such criteria as initial weight loss and food variety.
Close behind were Medifast and Jenny Craig. Nutrisystem came in fourth.
MyFitnessPal, a smart phone app and website, took top honors in the category of do-it-yourself plans.
“MyFitnessPal is a smart-phone app and website that sync automatically. It enables you to keep a diary of your weight, what you ate, and how much you exercised, complete with useful features such as a bar-code scanner and the ability to save and retrieve meals and dishes that you eat frequently,” wrote Consumer Reports.
To get the complete story, sign up for Consumer Reports online or get the magazine subscription. Well worth the few dollars they charge.
- Jenny Craig Beats Weight Watchers In Consumer Reports New Rating
- Verizon Website Can Cut Your Phone Cost If You Know The Trick
- Don’t Count On Garcinia Cambogia To Help You Lose Weight
- Jenny Craig Wins Next Round In Consumer Reports Diet Ratings
- iPhone Tracking Your Movements: Why Apple Does it
- Buying a mattress? Consumer Reports finally weighs in – guess which largest retailer came in last