All was fine until their cable provider switched to full digital mode requiring them and all other customers to obtain digital boxes to connect their televisions to their cable.
Comcast, Abbott said, provided the family with four boxes but wants $1.99 monthly for any additional boxes. Even though all the Abbott television sets are digital ready, Comcast cable does not work without the boxes.
“I’m sure it impacts a lot of people. It annoys me and I don’t know where to go with it,” he wrote me today.
“It seems to me that once I pay for service, I shouldn’t have to keep getting fees tacked on,” he said. “I didn’t request them to change to digital and if I own digital ready televisions, why do I need these fees. I also have no alternative cable company to go to. Seems like over time they keep finding ways to jump my bill.”
- Berlin Cable Subscriber Upset With Comcast’s New Fee For Digital Adapters
- Ct Consumer Complaint: Comcast Cable Installation Less Than Professional
- Comcast Needed Pressure To Provide Full Credit To Simsbury Storm Victim
- Ct Consumer Complaint: Beware Of Energy Plus Teaser Rates
- Granny Snatching: Read Your Cable Contract – Online!
- ADT Raised Rate, Customer Complained And Got Reduction