RESCUECOM’s Computer Reliability Report reveals the top five manufacturers with the best overall computer reliability.
1. HP/Compaq (346)
2. Apple (179)
3. IBM/Lenovo (177)
4. Asus (144)
5. Toshiba (96)
HP/Compaq remained the most popular buyers’ choice as the company took not only 25% of the total market share but also the top spot in reliability. The HP/Compaq computer repair reliability score especially stands out in 2011 as it is nearly double the score of the second place winner, Apple.
While Dell also represented a high percentage of total computer market share at just under 24%, Dell’s reliability score was too low to make it one of the top 5 most reliable manufacturers.
“At the conclusion of 2009, we questioned whether Asus would be able to maintain the top spot,” observes David A. Milman, CEO of RESCUECOM. “We now have our answer. As Asus’ market share has grown throughout 2010, the company has fallen from its top position to a still respectable 4th place.”
The reliability report is a look into both the quality of a computer and the quality of the computer support provided by a manufacturer. It is based on the brand’s computer market share, calculated with the corresponding percentage of computer repair inquiries RESCUECOM receives. RESCUECOM is then able to give an unbiased rating for that manufacturer showing which customers must seek third party computer repair services more often.
To be included in the Rescuecom Computer Reliability Report, manufacturers must have at least a .75% market share during for the period of the study. While tablet computers such as the iPad are not included in the current study, RESCUECOM anticipates that they will be included in future studies.
The top five most reliable computer manufacturers are given below, along with the data which was used to calculate reliability scores:
Manufacturer U.S. Computer Market Share (2)
(Percentage of Share computers shipped) RESCUECOM Computer Repair Shares (1)
(Percentage of service calls to 1-800-RESCUE-PC) Computer Reliability Score (1)
HP/COMPAQ 25.0% 7.2% 346
APPLE 8.8% 4.9% 179
IBM/LENOVO 4.8% 2.7% 177
ASUS 3.5% 2.4% 144
TOSHIBA 8.4% 8.8% 96
(1) As of the date of this report, and for future reports, the computer repair share percentages and computer reliability score does not include “Other” computer manufacturers. This change does not affect the order of the ranking. “Other” is defined as all manufacturers that have below .75% market share.
(2) Market share numbers are provided by IDC.
RESCUECOM provides homes and businesses with 24/7 computer repair and support. RESCUECOM meets every tech support need, including data recovery, virus removal, networking and support for all brands of hardware and software. “When it comes to your technology, we keep you connected!” For information on products, services, and computer support, visit http://www.rescuecom.com or call 1-800-RESCUE-PC.
- Lenovo Most Reliable, Asus Improves, According To Latest 2012 Rescuecom’s Report
- 2012 Computer Reliability Report: Lenovo Most Reliable, Acer Least Reliable, Apple Declined
- Samsung Computers Score High On Reliability
- 2011 Computer Reliability Reports: Lenovo, Asus On Top
- Samsung Tops First 2013 Computer Reliability Report, Acer At Bottom
- Samsung Computers Improve In 2012 While Acer Slides In Latest Survey