The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection is notifying consumers about a voluntary recall announced by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission ofÂ â€œLittle Tikes Workshops Sets and Trucks.â€Â Â The recalled toys were sold nationwide in mass merchandise retailers, including Toys â€˜R Us and on the web at www.littletikes.com
This product was manufactured in China and the United States for Little Tikes, of Hudson, Ohio. The danger to children consists of oversized plastic toy nails that can easily pose a choking hazard to young children.
There has been one (1) report of a 11-month old boy who choked when the toy nail became lodged in his throat.Â The child was hospitalized and has made a full recovery.for between $25.00Â and $100.00, from March 1994 to June 2009.
The oversized, plastic toy nail is about 3 Â¼ inches long by 1 Â¼ inch in diameter and comes in red or blue colors. It has a large round head; about 1 Â¼ inches below the head is a plastic ridge, slightly smaller than the nail head and about 1 inch in diameter. They were sold with a variety of Little Tikes Childrenâ€™s products. The names, model numbers and UPC codesÂ :in this recall are listed on page 2of the products included
- X-Rider Riding Toy Recalled As a Safety Hazard
- Tumblekins Toys Recalled For Hazard Issues
- Giant Starbuilders and Giant Stars Building Sets Recalled by Edushape Due to Choking Hazard
- “Style My Room” Disco Lights Recalled Due To Electrical Shock Hazard
- Action Figure Toys sold at Dollar Stores in Washington and Oregon recalled
- Huffy Tricycles Recalled