The Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, Ct., the best little museum in the land, is getting back into the travel game and has set a week-long tour of the Netherlands for next April.
There will be an informational session on Nov. 30 from 6 – 7 p.m., at the museum (600 Main Street in Hartford), to discuss the trip to the Netherlands, which will include the exploration of masterpieces by Rembrandt, Vermeer, van Gogh, Frans Hals, and van Eyck, a visit to the famous Keukenhof gardens where millions of tulips will be in bloom, and a visit to the Porceleyne Fles in Delft, the oldest surviving porcelain factory in the Netherlands.
The guided museum and barge tour for April 6-14, 2012, includes a lot for its land Cost of $2,990 per person:
* Accommodations for 7 nights
* Daily breakfast and dinner
* English-speaking guide
* All entrance fees for group excursions
* All gratuities
* Group airport transfers in the Netherlands
* Group roundtrip transfer from Hartford to Boston.
- Frugal Fridays: Remember Your Library When Your Kids Are Bored
- Cold? Snowed In? The Warm World Beckons
- Amrak Upgrades Its Vacation Web Display
- Hot Tickets: Take a PASS on City Attraction Prices
- Verizon Website Can Cut Your Phone Cost If You Know The Trick
- Windsor Locks New England Air Museum A Great Day Trip For Kids And Adults