SmarterTravel.com calls it “The Big One.” The major airlines have come into the Fall market with sales on routes all over the country and beyond — all the way into next year.
“This is the Big One, folks,” says SmarterTravel, which watches these things carefully. “Travel into 2011, 4,000 discounted routes, three airlines officially announcing sales (American, Delta, and AirTran), and three others (Continental, US Airways, and United) unoffically competing with identical low fares for the same travel dates.
“The three offical sales are valid on travel through late January, but book tickets by Thursday, September 16. Though there are several days left on these promotions, the lowest-priced seats often sell out first.”
There are black-outs days over the holidays, of course, and some restrictions but this sale is worth a look.
- American and United Offer Big Sales
- American Joins the Air Fare Wars
- Airlines Offering Huge Discounts; $52 on Southwest One Way On 1,600 Routes
- Air Fares Getting Ready to Take Off Again. Time to Get Ready
- Knowing When to Buy (3 p.m. Tuesday) Is Important in Travel Bargain Hunting
- Man Bites Dog: Airlines Decline fees