Anticipating that the post-Irene air clog will soon be uncluttered, maybe you want to look at just flying off someplace where the air is clear and the electricity is abundant.
The two grand air carriers, Southwest and AirTran — merged for all intents and purposes but together offering the bargains that distinguish them — have a quick-response sale going that could lift our spirits with low prices to neat destinations. While there are the usual fees and blackout days and limited days to travel, Southwest’s sale extends across the friendly air giant’s system. AirTran’s routes are more limited but the prices are good.
For each, you have to buy by the end of the day Thursday but can travel deep into the autumn and early winter. It’s worth a look.
- Airlines Offering Huge Discounts; $52 on Southwest One Way On 1,600 Routes
- Six Airlines Offer Big Sale on Fall Air Travel
- American Joins the Air Fare Wars
- American, United Follow Southwest’s Lead With Winter Sales
- Great Airfare Bargains Available in Latest ‘War’
- No Travel Deals? Look Around, There Are Plenty, Even for the Holidays