Major retailers spend millions of dollars in sophisticated marketing strategies to get us to buy their products – whether we need them or not.
But there are simple tricks that many use that are very effective.
For instance, limiting the number of items for sale makes most of us think we have to buy them because they are scarce.
Buy one and get one for free is another widely used trick to think we are are really saving money. Many times the items are discounted but are sold at full retail when the second one is “free.”
And of course we get bombarded by the signs that say only $11.99 instead of $12 which makes us think its a lot cheaper.
For some other common tricks check out MoneyTalkNews.
- How To Get Bigger Savings From Costco, BJ’s, Sam’s
- How To Get Best Deals On Holiday Presents, The Best Days For Discounts
- What NOT To Buy At Grocery Stores
- J.C. Penney Returning To Fake Regular Price Marketing?
- How iPhone 4s Can Save You Hundreds Of Dollars
- Why Connecticut Drivers Pay High Gasoline Prices: It Is The State Tax