While most think a glass of grapefruit juice for breakfast maybe a healthy way to start the day, but evidence shows that combining the juice with scores of common prescription drugs can cause serious illness and even death.
Canadian scientists, according to NBC news, say that 43 drugs that when mixed with grapefruit juice can be harmful.
“Twenty-six new drugs that can cause serious harm when mixed with grapefruit have been introduced in the past four years alone, bringing the total to 43, said Dr. David Bailey, a clinical pharmacologist at the Lawson Health Institute Research Center in London, Ontario. That’s an average of more than six new drugs a year,” according to the story.
To see a complete list of drugs that interact with grapefruit, click here.
Thanks to ConsumerWorld.org for the heads up on the story.
- Tropicana Watered Down To Increase Sales
- Health Insurance Legislation Has Some Lesser-Known Cost-Reduction Features
- Consumer Groups Shut Out of Health Comparative Effectiveness Board
- Premium Orange Juice Is NOT 100 Percent Pure
- Eating Healthy During The Holiday Festivities
- Some Crucial Cancer Medicine In Short Supply