The Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection is alerting parents and children’s caregivers to a new recall of children’s sunglasses that have been deemed unsafe due to excessive levels of lead.
Consumers should immediately take these sunglasses away from children and return them to the importer for a free replacement or refund, including free shipping and handling.
About 215,000 pairs of the sunglasses were sold nationwide at CVS, K-mart, Rite-Aid, Walgreens and other retail stores nationwide starting in December 2013 for between $7 and $13.under Disney, Marvel and Sears/Kmart brands. They come in a variety of colors, and included printed images of characters on the frames. Surface paint on the sunglasses contains excessive levels of lead, which is prohibited under federal law.
Sample Disney “Cars” Sunglasses
The following style numbers located inside the sunglasses’ left temple arm are included in the recall:
|S00014SVS999||Marvel Spider-Man||Red, blue|
|S00021LKC999||SK2 Sears /Kmart Private Label||Blue|
|S00021SVS999||Marvel Spider-Man||Red/black, silver/blue|
|S01551SDB999||Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse||Red/white, silver/black|
|S02964SJN440||Disney Jake and the Never Land Pirates||Blue|
|S02964SJN999||Disney Jake and the Never Land Pirates||Blue|
|S03683SDC999||Disney Cars||Blue, black, red|
|S04611SDC999||Disney Cars||Blue/teal/yellow, red/black, red/silver|
|S07786SMS500||Disney Doc McStuffins||Purple/pink|
|S07786SMS650||Disney Doc McStuffins||Pink/blue|
|S07786SMS999||Disney Doc McStuffins||Purple/pink, pink/blue|
|S07841SDC999||Disney Cars||Blue/red, black/silver, black/red|
- Recalls Children’s Jewelry Sold At Justice & Limited Too Recalled For Cadmium
- Giant Starbuilders and Giant Stars Building Sets Recalled by Edushape Due to Choking Hazard
- Famous Brands of Children’s Hooded Jackets & Sweatshirts Recalled By Burlington Coat Factory
- 220,000 PeaPod Baby Tents Recalled
- Bicycle Helments For Youth Recalled For Lack Of Safety
- Drop-Side Cribs Recalled After Injuries Reporter