As an occasional reader of the Hartford Courant, I read with painful amusement your shamefully disingenuous staff memo “explaining” why you fired George Gombossy and pulled his consumer protection column in what appears to be an effort to protect a major advertiser’s right to continue selling used, bed bug-infested mattresses as new.
Did you really think anyone on your news staff would be persuaded by your silly spin?Â Hello!Â They’re news people. Their job requires seeing through self-serving bullshit.
Perhaps your memo was meant to persuade readers and other outside parties. If so, you underestimated them too.
You’ve turned the Courant into a journalistic disgrace.
- CtWatchdog’s Attorney Responds to Courant/Tribune’s Attempt To Have Wrongful Discharge Suit Dismissed
- Courant/Fox61 Editor Jeff Levine Fired, Naedine Hazell New Editor
- Courant/Fox Top Editor Levine Out Of Job According To Courant Sources
- CtWatchdog And Courant Resolve Wrongful Termination Suit
- Watchdog’s Attorney Amends Wrongful Discharge Suit Against Courant, Tribune To Include Violation of Mission Statement
- Plagiarism Suit Against Hartford Courant Moved To Federal Court