Honda and Toyota recalled a totally of two million cars in the last 24 hours because of identical brake problems.
On Thursday Toyota recalled over 1.5 million vehicles and Honda today recalled half a million of their 2005-2007 Odyssey and Acura RL models.
Both the Toyota and Honda recalls involved parts manufactured by Advics.
The problem arises when a car owner uses brake fluid other than provided by the manufacturer and don’t contain certain polymers which keeps the master cylinder seals moist.
If the seals dry out it could result in leak of the brake fluid.
- Prius Recalls: Red-faced Toyota Executives Finally Issue Recalls For Prius Brake Problems
- Toyota Recalling 154,000 Toyota and Lexus Vehicles For Floor Mat Issues
- Toyota Now Evaluating Prius Brake Issue
- Toyota Recall: U.S. Officials Say They Need To Continue Pressing Toyota
- Toyota Recalls Another 400,000 Luxury Cars
- 800,000 Hondas Recalled Because Of Ignition Issues